While lamps are not a major source of mercury pollution, the improper disposal of large numbers of lamps does add to mercury in the environment. There are so many different kinds and variations of lamps that contribute to the issue. Burning hazardous wastes or incineration of disposed materials can also release mercury into the environment. The largest contributor to man-made mercury emissions, comprising approximately 40% of the total, is fossil-fuel burning power plants.
LAMPS & BATTERIES
Lamp Batteries recycling In Chicago
If you already have a service for E-recycling, Data Destruction or Junk removal, you will only be charged for the tubes! This especially great for our commercial clients who want to do a spring clean up and need someone as a one stop shop. The mercury is not good for health and when mercury-containing lamps (fluorescent and HID) are thrown into the general trash. The waste is sent to a municipal landfill, where exposed mercury filters into the ground, and eventually to our water supply.
We can handle all labor
Many companies are fearful of handling the fluorescent bulbs in case they break. We can assist with some of the need of putting bulbs in boxes. We can also offer an hrly rate service for taking the old bulbs out of their housing and if needed install as well.
How do you recycle?
E-Waste Solutions collects the bulbs and stores them till we have a load to fill a full truck. We then ship the Bulbs and Lamps to a facility to process mercury.
Lamps & Batteries
- -Large discounts available
- -PrePaid shipping boxes available
- -Combine pick up with other trades
- -Certified recycling
- -All types of bulbs recycled
- -Ballasts are free!
- -Wires are free!
- -Competitive hourly rates for dismantling!
- Costs: (Must be in box + $5 Minimum)
- -Pay for a truck (can combine services)
- -Alkaline, NICD, NIMH, and other household types
- ---$3.00 down to $2.00 per lb: Premium certified re-use recycling (Leed points)
- ---$1.00 down to $.55 per lb: Basic non-ferrous processing (no Leed points)
- -Simple $50 hrly rate to clean out (1 hr set up)
- -Discount LBS: 150+15%, 300+25%, 400+30%, 800+35%, 1500+40%, 2500+CALL
- Standard transport charge (can combine trucking with other services)
- Ballasts FREE!
- 12ft $2.75 down to $0.95 a bulb based on quantity. (Must be boxed)
- 8ft $2.00 down to $0.75 a bulb based on quantity. (Must be boxed)
- 4ft $1.50 down to $0.50 a bulb based on quantity. (Must be boxed)
- Round CFL $2.00 down to $0.85 (Must be boxed)
- Regular CFL $1.50 down to $0.85 (Must be boxed)
- Crushed or Contained $7 per lb down to $3
- Drop off large 4x4ft boxes (transport charge) or come pick up for free
- Onsite Bulb Crusher ($100 set up charge)
- Discount PER: 30+(30%), 100+(35%), 200+(40%), 300+(45%), 400+(50%) 500+(CALL)